Information we collect
You can browse our website without revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing aside from the IP address is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information, language.
Collection of personal data
We only collect information that you directly provide to us. Once you complete our contact form, sign-up to our mailing list, register for our trainings and events, you will be asked to provide personal information. The information you provide (such as your name, email address, company, etc.) will be processed and stored so that it is possible for us to contact and respond to your request, and/or allow you access to our trainings and events. The information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in our databases and mailing list.
How we use the information
We use Google Analytics and Cookies to improve our service, user experience and analyze how the website is used. The information gathered during general browsing is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using our website and we do not use it for any additional purpose (e.g., profiling, marketing, etc.).
We may use the personal data you provided to us to:
- Respond to your questions;
- Fulfill your requests;
- Provide and communicate with you about our events and trainings that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Invite you to participate in our activities;
- Send you updates and relevant information;
- Provide technical support for our activities;
- Enforce the legal terms that govern your use of our website and/or for the purposes for which you provided the information;
- Update the information maintained in our databases and mailing list.
How we process the information
We collect, record, organize, store, update, modify, retrieve, consult, use, or consolidate your personal data pursuant to the purposes stated above.
Information sharing and disclosure
We do not disclose your personal data except in the limited circumstances described here:
- We may share or disclose your information upon your request or consent;
- Legal process or enforceable governmental request: we may share or disclose your information to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- We may share or disclose your information to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- When the processing of personal information is outsourced by us to a third party, the processing will be subject to written agreements between us and the third parties processing the data, in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012. These written agreements specify the rights and obligations of each party and will provide that the third party has adequate security measures in place and will only process the personal information on our specific written instructions;
- We may share or disclose non-personal, anonymized, aggregated data as part of a project, research, collaborative, etc. that serves our mission.
We care to ensure the security of your personal data. We do not sell or share any personal data to any third party except when it’s necessary to complete our functions. We may use third-party service providers to process and store your data for activities such as:
- Event registration;
- Mailing service provider in support of our activities;
- Web conferencing platforms for meetings and webinars;
- Mobile apps.
Our staff who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of official business matters, including personal data.
Our website provides links to external websites as well as features plug-ins for social media pages (i.e., Facebook). Once clicked upon, you will be taken to different websites with their own specific privacy policies you are recommended to consult. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
We only retain personal data for as long as we need it to fulfill the purpose for which we have initially collected it.
Rights as the data subject
You, as the Data Subject, have rights under the Data Privacy Act, which include the following:
- The right to access his/her personal information;
- The right to make corrections to his/her personal information;
- The right to object to the processing of his/her personal information;
- The right to erasure or blocking of his/her personal information;
- The right to be informed of the existence of processing of his/her personal information;
- The right to damages;
- The right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission.
You can contact us to request for an electronic version of all the personal data we have about you, correct or update your personal information we have in our database, object to the processing of your personal data, and request for the deletion of your personal information from our database
Complaints, concerns, and questions
If you have any complaints, concerns, or questions regarding your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org